u...u...u...up
Example words: up, umbrella, under, sun, jump
Sent this email to his teacher–
Subject: Homework sound U
While doing homework minutes ago, Sydney was disappointed that I wouldn't write one of the words that he mentioned: Amazing.
He sounded it out for me: uh-MAZE-ing.
Then, repeated himself: uh-uh... uh-MAZE-ing.
I told him that was a tricky one... Because that word is spelled with an A.
I was, however, proud of him thinking of that word and fighting for it! His five year old brain IS pretty amazing -just one month of kindergarten under his belt.
Sarah
Got this email back from his teacher–
That is Amazing!! That is how we talk about certain words too...calling them 'tricky'. They just don't follow all the rules! Good for him though:)
I did get those cute masks copied today. I will use them on Day 30!!
Thanks again!
Laura
No comments:
Post a Comment