This morning, I got EVERYONE ready to go:
Sydney's lunch was packed, his book bag ready, he was dressed.
Silas had his book bag packed with his show & tell item. I had a bag of bagels hanging from the sunporch door chain, as not to forget them. I had two bottles of juice chilled, two packages of bagels and two containers of cream cheese ready to go.
As I was picking out clothes for Silas, I was thinking to myself how nice it is that I don't have to have a spare outfit for him because we've had such good luck with potty training.
We dropped Sydney off at school. We drove over to Noah's Ark preschool and dropped off our snacks. We stopped into the childcare room and gave Mrs. Pat a printout because I had recently noticed that there was a woman that looked remarkably like HER in this picture from September 1, 2012. (Turns out, that IS her!!!) **NOTE: Silas has recently declared that Mrs. Pat is his new best friend.
Since we were early and killing time, I told Silas that I had to go potty. So, we went around the corner and used a different bathroom than usual. While we were in there, I asked him "Do YOU have to go potty?" to which he declared NO. Regardless, I left the door open to my stall to keep an eye on him. All of a sudden, he announced "Oh, wait, I think I just changed my mind." and started to go into the stall next to me.
"Buddy? Please wait for mom." stated with slight panic in my voice.
"Don't worry! I can do it!" he assured me.
"Is the toilet a tiny one? ...or is it too big?" I questioned.
"Um...." he paused. "I think just right."
And then, I heard the click of the lock. Crap.
Followed by the sound of his urine and then, all of a sudden, I heard NOTHING. Double-crap.
Seconds later, he announced "Well, turns out you were right. The toilet IS too big for me afterall. I just went potty on the floor.... and.... on my pants. Sorry Mommy!"
By now, I had finished going potty myself and stood outside his stall. "Open this door right now. Please. Mommy is NOT happy, buddy. I really wish you would have waited."
"Yeah, that would be a good idea next time. Right?" he asked.
We attempted to pull up his wet big boy pants and pants, I washed my hands and we went to tell the teacher that we had left a mess in the women's bathroom. Then, we drove home for a quick shower and a change of clothes. (Thankfully, he could sit on a blanket in the car from soaking his carseat, too.)
On the way home, I called Mike at work, as I was completely frustrated with the situation.
"Well, the good news is... he's very independent.... AND.... at least you didn't have to crawl under the door of the stall, through the puddle to save him."
"True." I stated. "You're right, my day JUST GOT A WHOLE LOT BETTER!"
At home, while Silas stood in the shower, I gathered NEW clothes for him, as well as a spare set to keep in his backpack. We always have to be SO CAREFUL because we KNOW that he shoots to the left and doesn't always get his aim down properly.
Thankfully, we live close enough that we were still ON TIME for his show & tell.
FIRST SHOW & TELL FOR SILAS:
He brought his garbage truck. He reported that he "got it at Kohl's".
Mrs. Julie even had them turn the lights out so that everyone could see the lights on top light up.
Silas did a GREAT JOB with Show & Tell.
He was also proud to hang his bookbag/backpack in the first cuvvy (cubby) because he was the Show & Tell and snack person today.

No comments:
Post a Comment