Papa announced that he was going to Kenosha to help Uncle Mike with the motorcycle trailer. Sydney and Silas wanted to go see Uncle Mike's house and wanted to help, too.
I told them we were staying home (at nana & papa's house) because we weren't invited and because papa needs a break from us.
Sydney: Why?
Sarah: Because I think Papa is getting sick of us.
Sydney: How can he get sick of us?
Sarah: (shrugs) He's not used to being around us so much, you know.
Sydney: (confused) But WE are the most special things ever, right, mom?
Sarah: (heart breaking, fighting back tears) YES!!! You and Silas ARE the most special things EVER!!! Mommy and Nana agree. We believe that with all our hearts! You ARE special and we love you VERY MUCH!
Sydney: I can't wait until Papa gets back from Uncle Mike's house so we can build stuff in the garage!
*********
BEDTIME RITUAL: Favorite Part of you Day
Silas, what was YOUR favorite part of the day today?
SILAS: Well, I'll tell you my LEAST FAVORITE PART... My least favorite part was that we didn't get to go in the garage to build ANYTHING with Papa today!
{heart melting from sweetness and innocence.}
*********
The first thing out of their mouths and their last thoughts of the day for most of our visit has been spending time in the garage with Papa. (If only HE realized how much they ADORE HIM and want to spend time with HIM!)
No comments:
Post a Comment