Dear Life,
Please give us a break*!!! (*And by break, I mean NOT any bone breaks or anything like that... Nothing that needs to be repaired or replaced... Just give us a chance to start SAVING OUR MONEY AGAIN!!!)
Is it wrong to ASK FOR A BREAK around the same time as considering BUNK BEDS for the boys?
$86.08 to fix the lift gate struts on the car
$94.64 to fix the garage door opener
$381.45 for new glasses and sunglasses
$$$$$$$. Doctor's appointments, dentist appointments, insurance policies, home repairs....
I remain THANKFUL that I have divorce settlement money (in the form of investments and retirement funds) to fall back on, but Mike cringes any time we have to tap into that money in order to get by.
We haven't gotten our estimate yet for the flat roof.... hoping it is reasonable. Hoping we will have far less ISSUES in our next home...
I find myself taking a deep breath and looking over at the sign hanging in in my office:
What I love most about my home is who I share it with
UPDATE: After looking at the toddler height bunk beds and after measuring our bedroom, we are passing on bunk beds in THIS house. We, are, however getting them for my cousin, Rachel, to use for her two little girls who also share a tiny bedroom.
Win-Win!
:)
UPDATE 2: Roofers came back to offer insight on our bonus room water feature. Whomever installed the rubber roof in the first place "didn't know what they were doing". The roofers were able to slide their entire hand under a seam in one location, near a recent leak source!!! In another spot, you could see that the termination bar didn't even meet the rubber, leaving a gaping hole. They gave Mike a lot of great feedback for fixing it himself, marked some areas that need work with an oil based pencil, gave him tips on making/keeping a house water tight AND provided industrial-grade supplies to him... AT NO COST!!! (Mike deals with them for work quite often and trusts them.) I guess this truly DOES count as Catching a Break!
No comments:
Post a Comment