I have been ATTEMPTING to stay (reasonably) caught up with my Project Life album, documenting each week of our lives in Sunday through Saturday format. I absolutely love, Love, LOVE doing Project Life. The boys LOVE to look at it, too whenever they see it sitting out. (Mike is rather indifferent to it all, but I think that's just men for ya.)
When the boys and I ventured to Walgreens to pick up our most recent batch of pictures, the woman at the photo counter said "Sarah, let me grab your pictures. You know, I just gotta tell you, I just LOVE to see your pictures." (Perhaps that is a breach in confidentiality or something, but I wasn't offended; just pleased that someone else noticed my efforts.) Project Life creator Becky Higgins' mantra is: CULTIVATE A GOOD LIFE AND RECORD IT.... yeah, I think SHE would be proud of me, too!)
I have also been TRYING to read more. (Now, if only I could
I've written a few hand-written letters lately.... HAPPY MAIL as Stacy Julian likes to call it. Even got a letter back from someone (my great-aunt); it DID feel good to send AND receive.
The boys keep us busy.
Silas has been sleeping in a big boy bed AND (some days) attempting to potty train. He's got a BONK (as he likes to call it) on his forehead. (He fell last week and caught it just right. I've since noticed that his goose-egg and bruise keep growing in the same spot and discovered that as he hurriedly attempts to climb onto our dining chairs, he often hits it in the same spot.) He talks A LOT right now!!! (WAY MORE than Sydney ever did at this age, but it IS NOT FAIR to compare kids, really.) My favorite thing he says right now is: buggage. "Put buggage." he says often. (That's GARBAGE, by the way.) My favorite is when he grabs the lintball(s) from the laundry-area counter (I save them from the dryer to show a sense of accomplishment, proving that I did something that day.) and proudly runs them over to the BUGGAGE for me.
Sydney continues to play games at bedtime. (If he STAYS IN HIS BED once a month, I think we're lucky.) Last night, I had a very non-relaxing bath after the kids were in bed. Sydney continued to climb over the baby gate; he "kept me company" during my bath. Sweetly, he announced "Mommy, I noticed that you did not wash your back yet so, I will help you with that." and he proceeded to get his tiny hand wet with my hot bath water and touched my shoulder. He kept attempting to point to the pages of my book, asking "what's this say?" as well as asking a million other questions. "Did you do your shot yet?" ... "Can I help you do your shot?"... "Does your shot hurt?" ... "When I was a baby, how did I get inside your belly?" ... "Did I ever live in Wisconsin, too?" ... "Mommy, is this fresh water that we drink from this pipe right here?" ... "So," (long pause, for thinking) "how is your BASS, mommy?" (bath) ... etc, etc, etc.
Calmly, when I had finished my
During bedtime routine and snuggle time, I told Sydney that I really LOVED to snuggle with him. I reminded us (both) that someday he won't want to snuggle anymore.
"No, mommy! I really WILL always want to snuggle, especially with YOU... because I Wove (love) you."
"Buddy, someday, you will just be too big to snuggle." I replied.
"No, silly..." he rejected "then, we will just snuggle in a big person bed instead of the chair. We'll ALWAYS be able to snuggle." (Some girl will be THRILLED to have a snuggler someday; although, not so thrilled that he wants to ALWAYS snuggle with HIS MOM! I'm quite certain he WILL change his mind on this... sooner, rather than later.)
He really IS such a sweet little boy. "It's just.... I can't sWeep (sleep) because I want to be by you... because I Wove (love) you so much!" he declares. "I think I would be able to sWeep much better in a big person bed - with YOU and daddy." (Ah, yes... we both LOVE to sleep with a flailing fish and waking up to a sudden th-WACK across the face. Nice try.)
I laugh at how he sometimes stands at the closed babygate, yelling desperately to "get out" - knowing good-and-well that he CAN (and DOES) escape with ease (repeatedly) each night... even closes the bedroom door behind him in the process!
As I type this, Sydney watches Iowa Public Television and Silas brushes his teeth.
"Bye-bye, mommy! See ya later, (pause) Gator." announces Silas, while smiling. (Silas kisses his hand and waves in my direction. "Blow kiss!" he waves and closes the bathroom door behind him.
Suddenly especially quiet in the bathroom, I peek in to find Silas sitting on the floor - geared with HIS toothbrush (and Daddy's in HIS mouth.) "Brush teeth. Daddy's toothbrush." (We'll have to disinfect that one, for sure... since Silas has a "drippy nose, Mommy!" and a gagging cough today.)
Hard to believe how much LOVE and JOY one can have, simply from being a parent. I LOVE this pajama-wearing life!
No comments:
Post a Comment