Thursday, February 21, 2013

Silas is Chatty Cathy in the car!

After dropping Sydney off at school, Silas and I headed to Target in hopes of them fixing our bottle of Amoxicillin (after I accidentally snapped off the tip of the syringe in the bottle of medicine)  and/or them giving us a new syringe. As it turns out, the plastic end had already fallen into the bottle of medicine before the pharmacy technician attempted to get it out for us.

While I was driving, my Chatty Cathy (Silas) talked and talked in the backseat almost nonstop. Here is a sampling of Silas in action:

"Recycle BIN goes ZOOM!" (He proudly announced when he saw a recycle truck stopped along the side of the road.)

"Buggage day today?"  (buggage = Garbage)

"MOMMY! Coo-buzz! Coo-buzz!" (schoolbus)

"Red light. Stop! Green light. GO!"

"Digger! Digger!"

"Mommy, mommy... LOOK, airplane!"

"See moon now, mommy? Don't see it. Silas keep looking."

"Don't see it either. Maybe later. Not dark 'nuff now."

"Eyes on road, mommy? Have glasses on?"

"Need sunglasses on. Can't reach 'em. Mommy get (for) me! Please?"

"Too sunny?"

"Mommy! Saw digger!"

"Go library?"

"Mommy! LOOK! Target!"

"Go Sam's Club? Get samples."

"Mommy have money?"

"Daddy home? Daddy at work? Go see Daddy?"

"Where's Sydney? At school? Sydney at school now? Pick 'em up later?"

"Silas help you. Silas helper."

While shopping, he did NOT do well today. (He's normally quite good, but was demonstrating A LOT of temper tantrums today and being very sassy; he's learning A LOT from having an older brother.) I was relieved when he fell asleep in the car while I was pumping gas. Drove home to grab my book and we ventured to Sydney's school (early) but at least I could let him nap in the car for AN HOUR!!! (He woke up MUCH HAPPIER!)

No comments: