Wednesday, September 26, 2012

The arrival of the blue box AND encouragement

 Today is the day that is marked on our dry erase calendar "Copaxone arrives" - along with a sad face. :(

The sadness comes simply because I am NOT overly excited to give up my sense of NORMALCY. It has been SO NICE these past few years to NOT give myself a shot each day. Stupid, I know, because afterall, there ARE worse things in the world to contend with...

My friend, Meg, reminds me to keep a positive attitude and reminds me that the Copaxone IS a good thing. (Meg's mom has MS and has been on Copaxone for years!)

It didn't work out to have the Shared Solutions nurse (with MS herself) to come administer my training session and first dose before her vacation - since my box didn't arrive until close to 4:30pm. She's put in a call to get someone else to step in instead; we'll see what happens...

IF I wanted to, I could have tried to give myself a shot without a nurse BUT my box shipped with a label on it indicating that there were NOT alcohol swabs inside the box (as I had expected). SO, I will need to pick some of those up tomorrow while we're out and about.

I haven't decided YET if I will just go ahead and do it without a nurse or if I will wait for the starter kit and the latest explanation. (In theory, I "should" hear from someone no later than Friday.)


Meg's text message made me smile. She's always SO positive!
Acknowledging MY NEW NORMAL.


The box that NOW resides in our fridge.
Mike reminded me: You're doing this for THEM!
I'm doing this for US!

No comments: