Tonight, while the boys were playing in the sandbox, I asked them "How do you want your pizza? Squares? Triangles? Or both?"
Both boys excitedly replied BOTH. (WOW! That was easy.)
So, I rounded them up and we went inside to wash hands. At the table, I said the magic words ABBRA CADABBRA and started to cut the pizza into squares AND triangles, as requested.
When I served the pizza, Sydney started to freak out - talking/whining, sounding much like a mosquito.
"What's the matter?" I immediately quizzed.
"Where are the boats?"
Perplexed, I replied "What?"
"You said we were cutting the pizza into BOATS. We wanted boats!" We all laughed at this misunderstanding (that I had said BOTH, not BOATS). I think I made up for it by bribing them with some pecorino romano cheese in a shaker jar and let THEM put it onto their squares and triangles themselves.
Mike got a kick out of the story when he got home from work and wondered if I had blogged it yet. MISSION: ACCOMPLISHED.
No comments:
Post a Comment