Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Not loving it so much in the middle of the night

Giggling at yesterday's mid-day posting of how much I love being a mom and the warm-fuzzy feelings that it brings. Turns out, in the middle of the night, after COUNTLESS wakenings, those warm-fuzzy feelings have snuck out our open bedroom window, leaving me with feelings of despair, wanting desperately to get some sleep. (So much for going to bed early because I was tired... turns out, I got A LOT LESS sleep than I had hoped for!)

I contemplated changing my name in the night... thinking that MOMMY had lost it's appeal.

The boys were taking turns waking up in the night. Sometimes, they woke at the same time. We did have a 2:30am potty party, as well. Our toddler also displayed signs of having a fever in the night. (He woke this morning - at 8:50am - complaining of a sore throat, but some purple juice and a brand new episode of Sesame Street seem to have distracted him of that ailment for now.)

Daddy is OFF today. Looking forward to enjoying the day as a family, enjoying the warm(er) temps, sunshine AND eventually naptime! (Also looking forward to the warm-fuzzy feelings all over again, too!)

No comments: