
Happy Birthday Mommy! Sure, I will pose in a self-portrait with you. Now, where do you want me to look? Oops, mommy, I forgot to smile! 05.12.10
(For almost every photo we attempted to take today, he would smile AFTER he saw the flash.)






FACEBOOK

Hi Eddy. Look at this remote I found. Sometimes, daddy calls it his toy. 05.12.10

Here, don't you want to see it? Let me get it closer. 05.12.10

My, those are nice white feet you have, Eddy. Can I feel them? 05.12.10
Oh, you don't like me to play with your feet Eddy? Well, then, I guess I'll have to hold onto your tail instead. Hey, mom... look... I got Eddy's tail! 05.12.10

What a smiley guy! 05.04.10

Sydney LOVES to watch Sesame Street on TV! (He loves watching it on the computer or in the car on long trips, too!) He stands RIGHT IN FRONT of the television, so that he doesn't miss anything. 05.12.10

Mom, what do you want? I'm TRYING to watch Sesame Street! 05.12.10
On my birthday, watching Sesame Street was the closest we got to having SUNNY DAYS; it rained a lot today. This morning, our ceiling tiles arrived - from India! Afterwards, we ran to the post office. Then, we went to go visit Daddy at work so that we could buy light fixtures for the kitchen remodel. When Daddy got off of work, we went to the custom countertop store to order our new countertops. Earlier today, Daddy also called to arrange a date for the flooring guy to come lay our new floors (once Daddy is done installing cabinets.) Daddy hopes that it will all come together before Sydney's birthday. Our new kitchen will be BEAUTIFUL when we're all done!
Mommy (almost) sings the Blues...
Daddy was tired this morning. He turned off his alarm and snuggled back into bed. When he finally woke up, he got dressed and then walked over to kiss mommy. On his way out of the room, he noticed the clock: he had to leave for work in 5 MINUTES!
Each time mommy talked to daddy, she expected him to wish her a happy birthday, but he never did. He even handed mommy a couple of birthday cards out of the mailbox, but STILL didn't wish mommy a "happy birthday". After he worked in the kitchen on leveling the ceiling, ate and showered, Daddy played with Sydney for a little while and then, he climbed into bed.
After Mommy put Sydney to bed, she snuggled in bed with Daddy.
Mommy asked about his day. Eventually...
Mommy: "Are you tired?"Daddy: "Yes, but not sleepy tired."Mommy: "Do you want to join me downstairs for dessert then?"Daddy: "What kind of dessert?"Mommy: "Ice cream, I guess."Daddy: "We had ice cream yesterday."Mommy: "Oh." (Thinking what I can say next...) "It's not like I baked a cake today or anything." (Thought that might be a subtle hint, but he didn't get it.)Daddy: "Why not? What were you doing today?"Mommy: "Well, I worked on making some cards for Sydney's birthday party." (Another hint.... missed.)Silence.Mommy: "Was there anything you wanted to tell me?"Daddy: "No. Why do you ask?"Mommy: "You have NOTHING to tell me?"Long pause.Daddy: "OH, CRAP! I'M SORRY! DID I MISS IT?"Mommy: "Almost."Daddy: "Honey, I'm sorry... HAPPY BIRTHDAY! I would LOVE to go downstairs to have some ice cream for your birthday! AND we'll go out for a date on Saturday night after I get off of work."
That sounds nice!
I know he's been SUPER BUSY working long hours, as well as tackling the kitchen as a MAJOR do-it-yourself project - PLUS still wanting to spend a little time (before bed) with his family.
Sarah Olson Guard
reports that hubby completely forgot my birthday. After he crawled into bed, I asked if he wanted any dessert: NO. Did you want to tell me anything?: NO, should I? OH, CRAP! Did I miss it? ME: almost. (I still love him to pieces... and will be thankful for my new & improved kitchen.)

No comments:
Post a Comment