Thankfully, Daddy reminds me often that BOYS GET BUMPS! (He still looks cute with a scrape on his head.)
As for the bedtime ritual as of late, THAT is growing old... Sydney now gets himself so worked up that he gags, near a vomiting state (if I leave him alone in his room). Of course, THAT breaks my heart to hear him get THAT upset; he is TOTALLY a Momma's Boy!
For some reason, he NEEDS to have my hand on his body and if he wakes without me there, he cries all over again. I thought I had tricked him tonight... by placing a stuffed animal on his back, but he had figured it out when he woke less than two minutes later to find no resistance as he crawled across his crib and pulled himself to a stand.
One of these days, I NEED to look into a crib guard so that the angry little beaver doesn't do damage to the replacement crib with those 5 teeth.
Mike woke last night (unbelievably, he FINALLY heard the baby cry after only 9 months) and rescued Sydney from his crib while I was in the shower. Mike took a turn trying to get Sydney to sleep. (He sleeps great when he's held, but doesn't like to be put down again.... little stinker!) Sadly, a few minutes later, Sydney was awakened by the sound of thunder rolling through the Mississippi River Valley as we had a great thunderstorm. (Mike wished that he didn't have to get up so early this morning or else he would have sat out on the sunporch to listen/watch it because he LOVES Iowa thunderstorms.) Sydney slept peacefully between us until the storm had passed and we put him back into his crib. (His body would JUMP with each pass of thunder, but he would go right back to sleep.) Eventually, he will get used to the sound of it and it will be no big deal. Soon, we'll be dealing with the rumble of the neighbor's motorcycles, as well, so he'll get used to it sooner rather than later, I'm sure.
When Sydney and I went to visit Daddy at work today, one of the colleagues asked WHEN we're going to have another one [baby]. HA, I laugh; I think we need to get this one to fall asleep on his own before we even CONSIDER the thought of a playmate for Sydney. Plus, I'm still hoping for a kitchen remodel for this year; maybe another baby in the next year?
No comments:
Post a Comment