Monday, March 8, 2010

In a state of mending and repair

We are back from vacation. Our luggage has been delivered and the laundry (inside) has been done.

We (Sydney and I) managed to pick up colds, but are on the mend. Sydney hasn't had Motrin or Tylenol for a few days now and his fever is gone. It seems that he is left with a bad cough; mommy has some sinus congestion to go along with her cough. I have been HOPING that Sydney does NOT get congestion in his nose because I don't want it to be difficult for him to nurse. Day by day, we are both getting better.

Mike made it through a weekend of working a ba-zillion hours and is looking forward to the weekend off. (We're hoping to dig the patio furniture out of storage one of these days; a sure sign that spring is around the corner.)

Sydney and I made it home from our weekend visit to WI where we had a great time.

Now, our focus in the reasonably near future will need to be on the house. There is (more) laundry to do, dishes to be done and a good general housecleaning is needed. Our suitcases need to be unpacked fully and put away. I still have boxes to unpack from our move (a year ago) and things to organize. I am looking forward to a little spring cleaning and making a baby card for Mike's boss and his wife's new addition.

Tonight, I hope for a good night of sleep. As I blog, Sydney fights the urge to sleep - moaning softly from his crib; think he is in need of another backrub.

No comments: