A few days ago, I had been sitting at the dining room table and Sydney was playing on the floor near my feet. He was busy making car noises (while pretending that his Gerber Graduate Puffs container was a car, I think) and babbling.
All of a sudden, I noticed that he was SILENT. (Now, I'm new to this whole motherhood-thing, but I realized early-on that when he goes from playing loudly - to - complete silence, that it is probably NOT a good thing.)
I glance down to see that he managed to get the lid off of the Puffs, which were scattered all over the rug; thankfully, there weren't that many left.

I quietly watch Sydney, looking like a little anteater, as he quickly picks them up one-by-one and scarfs them into his mouth.
If reading his mind, I think it would have said:Quick, clean this up before mom sees it!Maybe then, she won't notice.
I watch for a minute or so before I say "Uh-oh." He jumped, startled, for sure. I had broken his concentration and he was probably a little disappointed that he hadn't gotten away with cleaning it up without me noticing.
"It looks like the lid fell off." I smiled at him. "You think you have to eat them all? You're funny!"
But he did JUST THAT... sat there on the floor, eating them one-by-one, until they were gone. (Maybe we'll have to call him Hoover?)



No comments:
Post a Comment