Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Little Big Guy Walking Alone at 8.5 months

On Mike's birthday, just 5 days ago, Sydney had taken his first steps. Each day, he gets a little more brave.

Last night, I was impressed that Sydney started by the couch and walked all the way across the living room. Of course, he was trying to get his mom. Still, I was impressed with his skill.

This afternoon, at the breastfeeding support group, he took off walking on countless occasions. For once, he was slow and steady instead of lunging forward and racing. I think he had studied  "the girls" because his baby friends Lucy, Josie and Miley are all (older) and walking. I think they had inspired him to be "a BIG BOY". He also turned on his charm and sat on the lap of all of the nursing students who were in attendance today. He flashed LOTS of smiles and was quite flirtatious. (Must get that from his daddy!) Somewhere along the line, he is supposed to start playing shy; that was NOT the case today!

SCOLDED FOR SOLIDS
I had been scolded today that I am still feeding puréed foods to a baby with 5 teeth who is nearly 9 months old. I was told that he needs to be eating more solids. (I do, however, disagree slightly because he still has a bad gag reflex with solids.) Needless to say, we will finish up all of the puréed baby foods that we have and WE will determine when he is ready to move on. (Sadly, he still is unable to eat so many things because he is still too young.)

I was also encouraged to teach him to climb DOWN stairs. They insisted that we keep trying and that he will "get it".

1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

yowza walking! That's awesome! I don't think you should worry about solids - you are a great mom and know what's best for your son.