
After watching some of the footage from the hospital (which I did last night while waiting for Mike to get home from work), I am COMPLETELY AMAZED by how much one month, one inch of added length and one pound will change a baby. (He looked SO LITTLE at birth.)
PLUS, now that he is getting good at recognizing voices (especially mom & dad) and smiling more and more, he's moving on to bigger and better things. (He really likes to kick his legs and stands up with assistance. We are CONSTANTLY AMAZED at how strong this little guy is and how well he is holding up his head. I have a feeling that he will LOVE, LOVE, LOVE having a walker to get around since he is a busy little boy now.)
Yesterday, he started making a few little noises (cooing) when I was talking to him. We'll keep working on that one... daddy hasn't heard it yet. (I try to talk to him a lot, as well as make expressive faces.)
Also, within the past few days, he was able to push himself over from "tummy time" onto his back. (Granted, some of that is LUCK, but he's done it a few times now. Tonight, Grandpa Lowell was working on him... teaching him how to roll over, which was fun to watch.)
He's starting to sleep in a little bit longer stretches, which is nice for mommy - who has finally started sleeping hard enough to dream a few times now.
He's looking around more and more. (I read that he can clearly see about 12" now, which is QUITE an improvement from the 1" he could see at birth.)

This afternoon, he experienced something new... he was fussing and I blew air into his face. He instantly stopped crying and had NO IDEA what had just happened. (WHOA, where did that light breeze come from?) A minute or so later, I did it again - taking him by surprise all over again. (I'll have to keep it in mind for when he is being fussy.... although, like the boy who cried wolf, he might figure me out. Needless to say, Grandpa Lowell and I had quite a laugh at that one.)
Off to bed for a little while... baby will probably wake within the hour to eat and then we can shoot for a good night of sleep. (I didn't want to wake him since Grandpa had FINALLY gotten him soundly to sleep.) At least, that is the plan!

No comments:
Post a Comment