Sydney weighed in at 8 pound 1.2 ounces this afternoon... a gain of 5.2 ounces in 2 days (due to force feedings). So, as you can imagine... I am feeling like a cow... providing milk via breast pump while Grandma and Daddy take turns feeding Sydney with a bottle. His bottles have a special nipple on them, intended to teach him how to manipulate his mouth in order to suck and swallow as he will need to at breast. We are HOPING that he will forget how angry he is at my breasts and will eventually return to them as pumping adds extra steps and takes away from time to sleep.
Last night, Grandma Olson convinced us to shut our bedroom door and attempt to sleep until it was time to get up to pump again. That way, Mike and I were able to get sleep uninterrupted. However, Grandma was looking pretty tired this morning and she, herself, did not turn down a nap. (She had been up with him like clockwork last night because he was hungry.) Also, diapers have increased at last... wet ones, as well as POO that appears to be from breastmilk (instead of from meconium).
At this time, after walking from the parking ramp to the hospital and up to the breasteeding support group for a weigh-in, I am feeling like my bottom is ready to fall out and I am tired; therefore, time for a nap. I'm trying to make a deal with Sydney that 7:30pm is bedtime tonight, but not sure if he will cooperate. Also, think tonight is time for another baby bath – with Mommy – since I have to soak at least twice daily anyways. (Mike just caught me on the computer and asked WHY I am not napping yet.) So, with that, time to go catch some ZZZZ's.
No comments:
Post a Comment