On this past Wednesday, I had JUST gotten Baby Sydney to settle down from his over-tired state of fussiness by putting him into the Moby Wrap when I heard my front door open and heard "HELLO?"Turns out, it was my twin brother (Sydney's Uncle Mike) who had taken a cab to our house. He had run a truckload to/from Des Moines and needed to shut down for 8 hours; therefore, he shut down in Dubuque so that he could see us!
Immediately, he asked if Sydney was sleeping or eating. Then, when he knew that there were no boobs involved, asked if he could hold the little guy. (Needless to say, I was THRILLED that he was there... because that meant that I would be able to hop into the shower without having to worry about the baby waking/fussing/etc. AND I would finally have a chance to check my email, etc.)
When I went back downstairs, I found Baby Sydney and Uncle Mike (both) napping in the recliner.
It was a wonderful SURPRISE VISIT. Uncle Mike hopes to get that same route again so that he has an excuse to stop by, especially when someone else is paying the gas to get there!
No comments:
Post a Comment