Of all the pregnancy websites and newsletters, I am being bombarded with symptoms that I may be experiencing at this time. All in all, I would like to report that I think I am doing pretty well....
I have a little swelling in my left ankle (where I now have a growing collection of varicose spider veins that decided to swell since the pregnancy).
From time to time, other than when I have a cold (like now), I have suffered from the "pregnancy nose" where I get stuffy for no apparent reason, but that hasn't been too bad or lasted too long.
While sleeping the other night, my fingers swelled and my wedding band became uncomfortable so, that has been taken off so that it doesn't get STUCK on my finger. It would probably still be OK to wear during the daytime, most days, but I didn't want to take chances when it was getting uncomfortable and difficult to get off in the middle of the night.
When standing for a long time or walking, I notice that my muscles on my lower abdomen ache... most likely from the excess weight straining those muscles to support my growing belly.
From time to time, I do get a charlie horse in my leg while sleeping. I guess I can thank pregnancy for that... although, seems to be better if I drink PLENTY of fluids.
I have a few skintags, which are hormonally-related according to the pregnancy book updates. I'm wondering if those will go away as fast as they appeared or if they will have to get snipped off.
My "innie" belly button is now pretty flush across my stomach; therefore, no longer an "innie." I did make the mistake a few weeks back where I was poking around in my belly button, pulling out dirt flecks and somehow managed to squeeze some residue and internal skin out a small hole in my belly button so, now I have an extra lump of skin there now. (I did learn my lesson to NOT poke around in there anymore and that fresh skin that used to live internally is starting to look like it belongs in the outside world now.)
I am pleased that I do NOT have: bleeding gums, skin discoloration, rashes, stretch marks, constipation, swelling, or that I suffer from "pregnancy brain" where I am overly forgetful. Of all of the "interesting things" that may be happening to my body, I feel fortunate that I feel pretty darned good. Baby is moving more and more, which is pretty darned exciting. Mike felt his first major movement from the outside world on Saturday morning. (That was my favorite part of the entire day!)
Baby should be at least 8" long (from crown to rump) and should weigh more than a pound. Growing up a storm, I believe.... At 23 wk 3 days, I look forward to the quote "by month's end, your baby will be double the weight he/she is now." In week 27, baby graduates to a new growth chart where he/she will no longer be measured from crown to rump, but will measure from head to toe. Talk about stepping up in the world!
Belly pics are growing. Although, I do not have an easy way to post them from the borrowed computer I am using. I will post a collection of them, to monitor progress, as soon as I can get back to my Mac.
Enjoying HGTV's home decorating shows for inspiration for our new house and nursery ideas. We hope to close on our new house in the early part of February 23-28.
Stomach is growling... duty calls! Better go eat to feed this growing baby!
No comments:
Post a Comment