Yesterday, for Valentine's Day, Mike took me to the rodeo. I have never been to one before, but we have watched bull-riding on television. He teased that he was bringing a true "city girl" to the rodeo. Of course, as soon as we entered the building, I could smell ANIMALS and POO to which he just laughed at me. While watching the rodeo, my allergies acted up a little - as my eyes were quite itchy and my nose was stuffy, but since being 25 weeks pregnant, there isn't much I can do for those allergies anyways.
I did enjoy it; although, I must admit that the bareback horse riders made me the most nervous because it looked like a MAJOR spinal headache to me (the way those poor cowboys were thrown all over creation while still holding onto the rope)! For some reason, that made me more nervous than the bull-riding.
I felt bad while we were sitting in the stands watching the rodeo because poor little Sydney was VERY ACTIVE for almost the entire show! The loud sound system's music and announcments probably didn't help. I made sure to say "No. No. No." so that little Sydney doesn't get any crazy ideas to become a cowboy because from a mom's perspective, that just doesn't look safe at all! (Besides, Mike is still busy telling him that he's going to be a FOOTBALL PLAYER, which also doesn't sound safe.)
Before the rodeo started, there was THE CUTEST little boy in the ladies bathroom with his mom. I would guess him to be between 2 and 3 years old. He was dressed in blue jeans, cowboy boots, fringed leather chaps, a cowboy shirt and a BIG cowboy hat and he was ADORABLE! When I asked him, he told me that this was his first rodeo. (I told him it was MY first rodeo, too!)
So, despite not wanting Sydney to grow up to be a cowboy who rides bulls and wild horses, I WOULD consider letting him dress up like one (especially if we ever took Sydney to the rodeo to see it for himself.) Afterall, it was pretty darned cute.
For the record, he has been MUCH LESS ACTIVE today. He's probably rather tired and needs time to recouperate from being awake that long last night.
No comments:
Post a Comment