Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Holy Cow, 100 days to go!

I was both surprised and thrilled to see my floating Baby Widget proudly display 100 days to go this morning when I logged onto the dial-up connection. Seriously, 100 days! That seems like it will go so fast! Looking back, this pregnancy has been going by so quickly. We're just a few weeks away from entering the 3rd trimester already! I say it is going quickly; Although, come my birthday in mid-May, I'm sure that I will be starting to feel like the pregnancy is progressing at the speed of this dial-up internet connection.

My belly is growing for sure! There is NO HIDING the fact that I am pregnant. Baby Sydney is growing quickly. I believe the last report I read said that he should be 9.5" long from head to rump and he should weigh about 2 pounds already! (Just think... even longer if you could count the head-to-toe measurements, but he has not progressed to that level of measuring quite yet.) No wonder I can feel more movement each day!

Yesterday, I read that his eyes should be opening yet this week if not done already. Although there is not a lot to see in there, the internet said that if you were to shine a flashlight on my belly, the baby may try to kick at the light or may try to roll away from the light. Also, he should be starting to recognize our voices and should react to them more and more as the pregnancy progresses. (Sadly, with Mike working the overnight remodel and sleeping most of the day, Baby Sydney isn't hearing much of Mike's voice these days. I guess he'll have to talk to my belly a lot over the weekend when he is off of work.)

Lately, Sydney has taken a liking to laying low - near my bladder and then, he decides to stretch out in the area across my low abdomen where it feels rather restricted; at least, that is how it feels from my perspective. When he does that, I often can feel the hardness of his body (most likely his entire backside) to know precisely where he is laying. (It is funny how you can feel the transition from soft to rock-hard, knowing THAT is where he is.) That's usually when I will give him a little massage, in an attempt to get him to find a different place to stretch out.... you know, somewhere where there is a little more room.

He also seems to become active when the cats lay close to my belly (either on it or up against it) and purr. He tends to move around more then so, I'm guessing that he can feel the vibration of their purr. (Mike says "A cat's purr is a very soothing sound.")

With the upcoming "official move" to Iowa, I am considering a membership to the YMCA so that I can swim again. I really enjoyed my water aerobics classes in MN a few months ago. Mike and I were figuring that the weightlessness in the water may be a relief to my joints, which are probably already carrying close to an extra 20 pounds since pre-pregnancy. (That doesn't count the 10 pounds I gained PRIOR to pregnancy - just by moving to MN and not working for 2 months.) I'm afraid that I will need to find a new swimsuit though.... there is no way my belly will fit inside of my old tankini and I'm convinced that my old bikini(s) will be a major case of "cups overfloweth" if I were to even consider trying it. So, might have to attempt to find a pregnancy swimsuit to cover my growing shape.

Think I'll go shower now andmake my way downtown. Looks like it might have stopped drizzling now so, I might be able to walk (and hope my sore foot doesn't bother me too much).

Excited that tomorrow is double-digits in the countdown.

Signing off at 100 days --

No comments: