The four and under crowd of cousins visit at (Grandma/Aunt) Betty's house.
August 25, 2013
Swimming in Betty's pool.
August 25, 2013
We had a FANTASTIC TIME when we stopped by Aunt Betty's house to visit with cousins Tina & Elana and their families. (We added one hour to our trip HOME, which was SO WORTH IT!!!!!)
As I was downloading the pictures off of the camera, Sydney proclaimed "I sure did have a gWeat time at Aunt Betty's house! I hope we can go swimming there again someday, but NEXT TIME I'm going to jump off of that diving board and you won't need to catch me because I know that my floatie things will POP me back up again! I will do it BY MYSELF!"
Our boys enjoyed freeze-pops on the patio with the kids after our time in the pool.
- Mom asks Sydney (at bedtime) -
QUESTION:
"What was your favorite part of today?"
ANSWER:
POPSICLES at Aunt Betty's - with all those kids!
Silas most enjoyed to see John's shed/garage of TRACTORS and eating pretzels with dinosaurs!
We had a delightful visit. (After-the-fact, Mike had even wished that we had spent more time there with everybody.) We hope that it would work out to meet up with all of them again someday because it is FUN for the kids to play together and for the adults to visit.
The boys MUST have had fun; they were BOTH SOUND ASLEEP and SNORING in less than five miles from Betty's house. It was a quiet ride home.
This was Tina & Elana's first time meeting Silas and OUR first time meeting each of their 2nd children, as well. (The last time we met up was 3 years ago, around the time that we discovered we were pregnant with Silas.)
We're really HOPING that we'll be able to convince them to meet us again - someday - at a waterpark in the Wisconsin Dells since it would be approximately equi-distant for all of us to travel to. We think THAT would be A LOT of fun!!!!


No comments:
Post a Comment