Monday, August 5, 2013

Blasts from the Past

Grandpa Lowell was nice enough to bring me some pictures to use for some of my scrapbooking projects, as I participate in the online class HELLO Story from Big Picture classes. I had hoped for a photo of Lowell holding Mike as a baby, as I similarly found a picture of my mom, holding ME as a baby. (My grandma was nice enough to mail me a photo of HER, holding my mom.) This morning, while flipping through one of the albums, I happened to find THESE pictures! (PERFECT! Thanks, Grandpa Lowell!)

Now, the one thing that REALLY caught my eye was the fact that Mike at age 2 looks remarkably like Silas does now. (Their stance is different, but their facial expression is similar in my opinion.) I'm pretty well convinced that Silas will grow up to be quite handsome... just like his Daddy.

Perhaps this one is labeled with a date on the back, but I didn't want to risk tearing anything while attempting to get it out of the album so, I carefully set the album on my scanner instead and just worked with it, as is. I would guess that Mike is a year old, assuming it to be 1972.

Mike, July 1973

July 1973

No comments: