I've got 2 weeks of PL2013 in my album and need to throw in a couple of journaling cards yet.
I read a parenting book cover-to-cover. (Love and Logic Magic for early childhood)
I pick up the house all the time, but have two very little boys that undo faster than I can DO!
(I've got a large box of papers to recycle after cleaning out 2 boxes of junk in the office last week. YAY! NOTE: NOT READY to tackle the box under the bed or in the closet yet.)
The invention of Pinterest has shortened the hours in our days. Mike and I both enjoy to check things out AND view some very clever things, recipes that sound delicious and fun things to try. The past few days, I have been scoping out ORGANIZATION boards/posts, hoping to find the inspiration I need to FINALLY get things under control around here. Sadly, looking at them online and actually DOING THEM are two different things. Sigh. If only there really WAS an Easy Button.
Discovered a wonderful solution to having our ironing board tucked behind the office door that I think I want to try out.
Discovered a tutorial on how to frame out an outdated bathroom mirror (and sent that to my mom/dad for their bathroom).
Today, I organized all kinds of things for the kids. We have a tiny bag containing scissors. A bag containing paint brushes. A bag containing crayons. A bag containing dry erase markers. A bag containing card games. A bag containing flash cards. You get the drill...
I organized our junk drawer. We now how separate boxes for pens, pencils and markers/highlighters. We also have a baggie containing all of MY dry erase markers. All of the paperclips are in an empty pill bottle in the drawer.
All of our twist ties are in a baggie in the spice drawer.
I changed the lightbulb in our fridge. I pulled out the contents of the fridge, wiped the shelves down, moved them around and put things back. (This time, I did NOT take all of the contents out of the door or drawers, but I had to start somewhere.)
I also admired fabric online... Dinosaur Train! (And wondered HOW COOL would that be to have blankets for the boys?)
I did LOTS of things that don't look like much. Mike reminded me that there is STILL a pile of laundry in the kitchen to trip over. (We SHOULD do laundry daily.)
Not sure WHAT I will tackle tomorrow, but I'll keep plugging away... trying to find a home for everything and put everything IN it home. One day at a time...

No comments:
Post a Comment