(pause)
Hear little cough.
"Mommy!"
Poke Mike. "You get him; he likes to snuggle in our bed in the morning." Daddy rolls out of bed and ventures into the hallway.
Hear the babygate open.
Hear little footsteps.
Waiting, with eyes closed, for my little man to announce his arrival.
Waiting. Waiting. Waiting.
Hear rustling sound.
Hear loud footsteps coming closer.
"Where is he?" Mike asks.
I point down.
"Downstairs?"
"Under the bed." I whisper.
Daddy climbs back into bed.
Mommy hears Silas talking.
"Aren't you going to get him?" I ask.
"Get who?"
"Silas."
"No, that's Sydney talking." Pause. "Isn't it?"
Silas announces his wakening again.
Daddy gets up from bed and retrieves one incredibly happy baby boy.
"Silas, it sure is nice of YOU to snuggle in bed with us!" I announce loud enough for it to be heard under the bed.
Sydney shoots out like a rocket.
"You want to snuggle in bed with all of us?" Daddy asks.
"No. Wan(t) to go downstairs and make coffee for Daddy." Sydney states. "Wan(t) go downstairs? Wan(t) go downstairs now, daddy?"
Daddy starts getting dressed.
"Wan(t) my (s)tep-(s)tool to make coffee for Daddy. Yeah, dat'd be (a) good idea."
Daddy clarifies "You want to go downstairs and you want your step-stool to go make coffee for Daddy?"
"Yeah, dat'd be good idea."
"That WOULD be a good idea!" Daddy proclaims.
Mommy smiles. Warm fuzzy feeling takes over entire body. Heart melts into a puddle.
No comments:
Post a Comment