Friday, November 4, 2011

He REALLY pays attention! OATMEAL SUPPER story

On Friday night, we had called Nana & Papa's house only to discover that they were not home and we were forced to say HELLO to their answering machine. Inquisitively, Sydney asked "Where Nana Papa at?"

"I don't know." I replied.

"Find dem." (Find them.)

I dialed my mom's cell phone. She answered it and informed us that they were out to eat for Friday Night Fish Fry in Wisconsin with some friends. (YUM! Jealous!!! Mouth waters JUST THINKING ABOUT IT!)

After we got off the phone, Sydney announced "Nana Papa out eat fish. Papa Lowell prolley just eat oatmeal."

Translation: Nana (and) Papa (are) out (to) eat (for) fish. Papa Lowell (will) probably just eat oatmeal.

I think I almost wet my pants giggling. On Sundays, we sometimes tease Grandpa Lowell that if he hadn't come to eat dinner with us that night, that we would probably be eating oatmeal.

"Do you think we should call Papa Lowell to see what he ate for dinner?"

"Yeah." Sydney agreed with a nod. "Prolley oatmeal." he stated so matter-of-factly. (Translation: Probably oatmeal.)

We called Papa Lowell. He, too, laughed at Sydney. "I did not have oatmeal for supper, but I did have oatmeal for breakfast."

After we got off the phone, Sydney gave me the play-by-play update: Papa not eat oatmeal supper. Papa eat oatmeal breakfast. Nana Papa eat out. Fish. Nih-knee _ike fish too. Nih-knee _ike oatmeal a _ot, too!

Translation: Papa (did) not eat oatmeal (for) supper. Papa (did) eat oatmeal (for) breakfast. Nana (and) Papa eat out (tonight.) Fish. Sydney like(s) fish, too. Sydney like(s) oatmeal a lot, too!

No comments: