Friday, July 16, 2010

That's funny, I thought you went to bed with pants on

Yesterday, I went in to RESCUE Sydney from his bed after hearing him announce that he was awake. When I peered inside his door, he stood in the same corner (as usual) and started to jump up and down. (We normally do 1-2-3-JUMP! to get up out of bed.)

Funny thing was... his monkey pajama pants were laying in his crib.

Hmmm, that's funny.... 
I thought you went to bed with pants on!

(Turns out, Sydney must have been awake for longer than I had thought...)

• • • • •

Surprise to us... BABY'S FIRST MOLAR is already in!

Yesterday, we discovered that Sydney has a diaper rash. Immediately, I thought it was from eating too much fruit again - since we had just resumed eating grapes. His butt and scrotum are BRIGHT LOBSTER RED! He SCREAMS and wiggles, in desperate attempts to get away from the changing pad and butt wipes. I've been applying LOTS of Butt Paste, in hopes that it will help. So far, it went from fire engine red to salmon pink and still remains QUITE PAINFUL for the little man! I feel HORRIBLE every time I try to wipe him off; he doesn't understand WHY I am hurting him like that. 

I think I have some Tuck's medicated pads left over from last year when Sydney was born; I wonder if those would bring relief to his sore, sore bottom? 

Both yesterday and today, he is VERY CAUTIOUS when sitting or when we pick him up. He wiggles to make sure that his butt is NOT touching our arm when we carry him, as well as positioning himself strategically when nursing. And when he bumps it, he winces and says "OOOOH!" as if it was VERY PAINFUL!

Aunt Sue said that my cousins both would get "bright red monkey butt" whenever they were cutting teeth. We DO know that his lower molars are starting to move because we can see big white bumps under his taught gumline.

If teething IS to blame, I wonder if the last incident a few weeks ago (when we also eliminated fruit from his diet) was also from teething.... you know, since we JUST DISCOVERED within the past couple of days that Sydney has his first molar already poked through and coming into position nicely. (It was an upper... and he is QUITE guarded when it comes to looking into his mouth; he'll let us look at the bottom ones sometimes, thankfully.)

No comments: