Tuesday, July 6, 2010

If I hide my bowl, maybe I can be done

This morning, we had oatmeal for breakfast. Sydney started off doing well - feeding himself. Then, he started being naughty. He asked for a drink and then dumped it in his lap and on his tray. Afterwards, he took a spoonful of oatmeal, raised his hand above his head and started to fling the oatmeal. Immediately, I scolded "NO!" and grabbed his arm. (He didn't like that.) I reminded him that we DO NOT throw food. Giving him a second chance, he gave me "that look" and the little stinker did it again. Again, I grabbed his arm.... and again, he did not like it. I took away his food; he was MAD!

He was upset that I took away his food AND I had raised my voice at him. A short time later, I gave him his bowl back and he started trying to hide it (the entire bowl) in his lap. 


I wondered if he thought that he could be DONE if his bowl was gone?

No comments: