Throughout the past few days, you can tell the time by the dosing of Tylenol.
Funny how Sydney hadn't shown ANY signs of pain leading up to the emersion of his first tooth that we first noticed on Saturday afternoon. He hadn't been fussy. He hadn't been drooling. He hadn't been chewing excessively. In hindsight, the only sign I recall was that his cheeks were both bright red last week Wednesday and Thursday.
All of a sudden, with his mouth opened JUST RIGHT, I had gotten a glimpse and noticed that: HOLY COW, my baby has his first tooth!
Sunday afternoon, we saw the bottom right tooth poking through the surface of his gums, next to the left one that had come up first.
Yesterday afternoon at 4:01pm, after at least an hour of moaning (while playing, crawling or snuggling), I gave him another dose of Tylenol. Amazingly, like clockwork, at precisely 4:29pm, there was silence and the moaning had stopped. Sydney was back to his happy, playful self - full of smiles, giggles and absolute delight.
I think about parents who have whiney kids on an everyday basis and am so very thankful that Sydney has been a delightful child. After a full day of fussing on-and-off, I was SO RELIEVED when bedtime came and our house was FINALLY QUIET. (Well, other than two cats and a puppy.) Thankfully, Sydney slept until 6am this morning, which was MUCH NEEDED SLEEP by mommy.
As I blog, Sydney is snuggled tightly into the Moby Wrap on my chest and I am able to gently rest my cheek onto his forehead and feel his breath on my collarbone as he sleeps soundly. (I am thankful that he's napping; despite being tired, he fought falling asleep for 25 minutes before he found it too comfortable and womb-like.... well, besides being floating or upside down, that is.)
Shoot, a kiss on his forehead just woke him well-before this nap should have ended. We're going to try this again... back to walking around...
1 comment:
Hi Sarah, I am responding to your question about the singing barn. It's called the Fisher Price Laugh & Learn Learning Farm and is available on Amazon. It's a great toy. Good luck with the teeth!
http://www.amazon.com/Fisher-Price-Laugh-Learn-Learning/dp/B001W0B7N6/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=toys-and-games&qid=1262798707&sr=8-2
Post a Comment