We did a diaper change, gave him a dose of Tylenol and nursed him back to sleep. I crawled back into bed shortly after Mike left for work at 4:30am. I was relieved when Sydney slept until 6:30 (I think), waking only once - about 20 minutes after I had crawled back into bed. Then, he came into Mommy & Daddy's bed to nurse (and snuggle).
After just a few minutes of nursing, he let go and rolled onto his back - sleeping peacefully in our comfortable bed. Giving him ample space in our bed, I was thrilled to see him go back to sleep so quickly and I snuggled nearby. We woke at 9:36am and it felt WONDERFUL!!! It was some quality rest that we had both needed.
As for the teeth, he's got two on the bottom. His top gums are looking rather bumpy. In that, I mean that it appears that you can see the bumps of the teeth under the flesh of his gums - with the bumps pushing on the front of his swollen gums. It is very hard to tell, but on the very bottom of his upper gums, it appears that his top left tooth is starting to poke through the surface of his gums. Giving him something hard to bite on would probably push it all the way through. (He's taken a liking to biting on his blankets - or hat - while riding in the car.)
He is VERY guarded as far as allowing us to put anything into his mouth, or touching his mouth in any way. As we dispense the tylenol, we try to remind him that it will help him to feel better. Unfortunately, he does not yet understand our language, nor does he understand the pain of teething.
He's in bed (as is his daddy). The house is quiet. There are dishes to do in the kitchen and my dishwater is probably ice cold by now. (The internet has been down since Tuesday and finally came on today so, I wanted to take the opportunity to blog. Plus, I find it to be therapeutic to write.) Think I will attempt to sneak down the creaky stairs so I can finish up down there and hit the bed myself.
SHOOT! As soon as I typed that, Sydney started to cry! Guess we'll go snuggle a little instead.
No comments:
Post a Comment