Silas woke up to a BIRTHDAY SURPRISE!!!
Mike had called me from work yesterday, asking what I thought of a bunch of balloons all over the bedroom for Silas to discover when he woke up. (We'd seen clever ideas on Pinterest, but thought hat our boys sleep patterns are too unpredictable for some of those ideas.) So, he stopped on his way home to buy a package of balloons at Walgreens, since he forgot to grab them from work.
While the boys and I were at the library last night, Mike started blowing up balloons, reporting that they were VERY HARD to blow up. (Many of them were incredibly difficult!)
After everyone was in bed... when I should have been in bed myself (since I had been woken at 2am by Silas, checking to see if it was time to get up yet and couldn't get back to sleep after that... resulting in me making cards from 2:30 until the boys woke up) but this kid is TOTALLY WORTH IT!!!
Mommy blew up ALL of the balloons... by mouth... while watching tv. (Filled THREE kitchen trash bags to the brim!)
Sydney woke first! He excitedly found me in bed sleeping and told me that there were balloons all over the bedroom and ONE in the hallway. Then, he couldn't wait for Silas to wake up to find all of the BIRTHDAY BALLOON SURPRISE!
They LOVED it! They rubbed them on their hair and decorated our house for a birthday party for a good portion of the morning before school.
Speaking of school.... at breakfast, Sydney asked (like usual) "Is TODAY a school day?"
MOM: Yep!
SILAS: It is?!? Hooray! I'm THREE now! I get to go to school when I'm three!
MOM: You get to go to school in the fall.
SILAS: Is TOMORROW fall?
MOM: No, it's not fall. It's spring!
SILAS: (crying) I wanted to go to school... because I am three!
• • •
We call Mike at work. Silas asks Mike if tomorrow is fall. Mike explains that it is spring now, and then, after summer - it will be fall. Mike assured him that we want it to be summer so that the weather gets warm(er)... and we can play outside... and go swimming at the pool...
Silas thought Summer sounded good, but was still disappointed that he can't go to school (yet).
No comments:
Post a Comment