Thursday, July 28, 2011

WIL Day 4: 27 Wednesday 2011

WIL Day 4: 27 Wednesday 2011

Welcome to my Week in the Life project - inspired by Ali Edwards. (http://aliedwards.com)

This week, I am trying to capture OUR LIFE in photos. If I find time, I am trying to document snippets from our life... what we eat, what's going on in our lives, funny conversations, etc. My goal is to capture the good, the bad and the ugly - as well as our EVERY DAY LIFE.
Day 4: Wednesday, July 27, 2011.
Breakfast is the most important meal of the day. Sydney is off at the neighbor's house for playdate/babysitting time - leaving me time to make Creamed Eggs on Toast for Mike & I, as well as folding a MOUNTAIN of laundry.

Wednesday is garbage day. Since Silas woke me early enough, I boxed up our paper recycle bin and set it out on the curb. I came back inside to find this:
Otto, our 20 pound cat, thinks he is smaller than he actually is.

Silas was getting QUITE a workout this morning. He keeps trying to flip himself over. He wiggles and rolls onto his side and then flails and pulls to eventually (sometimes) flip. He also likes to wiggle and push himself across the floor on his back; thankfully, he still does it at turtle speed.

He tires himself out after all of his wiggling and a quiet nursing session (while Sydney plays across the street with the girls.)

4 year old Claire had built "a house" with couch cushions and a laundry basket while Sydney played there. At home, he tried to claim my laundry basket for a house. Instead, I introduced him to a world of blanket forts... which I used to do with my brother when we were kids.

Sydney LOVED going inside his "house".

Sydney's lunch (inspired by Sesame Street to eat a rainbow of nutrient-rich foods): ham cubes, red raspberries, carrot sticks, yellow bell pepper, garbanzo beans, snap peas, broccoli, blueberries, purple grapes.

My lunch: A salad with pea pods, carrot sticks, avocado slices, garbanzo beans, diced ham and some string cheese, as well as a side of fresh fruit.
Sydney and I enjoy a colorful and healthy lunch together.

Sydney ate almost all of his lunch. The balance of it, he decided to put into his cup.

Ah, yes... the perfect place to put broccoli.
YUM! Chunks in your milk! (Someday, he'll - hopefully - learn that floaties in your drink are NOT COOL!)

After lunch, Sydney (and Silas) were napping. I went down into the basement to finish sucking out the standing water for Mike. I guess we can feel fortunate, as far as the basement is concerned... there were PLENTY of people with FEET of water in their basements. (Plus, ours is a dingy old basement; it's not like it was a finished basement.)

I just found a self-timer setting on my camera so, I laid it on the bed and took a picture of myself working at my computer. There are a couple of blogs that I check out on a regular basis and I was downloading some more pics off of my camera. I am love, Love, LOVING participating in Week in the Life AND Project Life. (Looking forward to getting back to my somewhat neglected PL album again... it's been a few weeks... but thankfully, I still take plenty of pics to document what we're doing.)

Self-timer: Quick nap for me, too - before Silas wakes to eat again. Think he is going through a growth spurt... wants to eat often and has been sleeping a lot, too.

Afternoons, during Sydney's nap, I often nurse Silas on the bed in the office. There, we can nap together - if he's willing to sleep after nursing.

Sydney, awake from his nap, heads downstairs. He has started trying to walk down the stairs like a big person now... left foot on one step, right foot on the next. (He did mis-judge how difficult this is and bumped his head on the wall.) He still likes to hold our hand or be carried down the stairs.

Post-nap snack. Apple sliced and peeled. (If it isn't peeled, he will eat the apple and then hand you a glob of chewed peel; Eeew!)

Self-timer: Post-nap diaper change for Silas. (Size 2 Pampers are feeling small left-to-right.)

Sydney was SUPER EXCITED to help make tacos with Mommy. At 5pm each day, we get to wake Daddy from his sleep. Today, he woke to the smell of tacos... yum! Sydney also enjoyed his FAVORITE FOOD... Weight Watchers Smart Ones: Santa Fe style Rice & Beans. We also enjoyed some Corn & Bean Salsa with Lime Chips.

No comments: