Monday, May 23, 2011

Had a hard time NOT being a smuck

Today, I called the doctor's office to get a refill on 2 prescriptions. The receptionist screened the call and asked me which medicine I needed. They seemed more concerned to locate my 6-week followup appointment in the computer system for some reason - even though my refill request was THE PURPOSE of my call. Then, when they took a message for the doctor's office and I had to repeat my request yet again. A few hours later, the nurse called me to ask me what medicines I needed refilling.

Hmmm, had I not already told them MULTIPLE TIMES?!?! (And do they REALLY have NO RECORD of my meds that were prescribed by THIS DOCTOR in my medical records?)

So, the nurse asks me what meds I need. She needed ME to tell her the name of the medicine, the strength and the directions. (Hmmmm, scratching my head....)


She seems puzzled that I am asking for a prenatal vitamin. She asks "Are you nursing or WHY exactly do you still need a prenatal vitamin?"

The smart-@$$ in me wanted to say "I'm trying to get pregnant." (Especially since I am in my NO-TOUCH 6-week recovery period.)

No comments: