Thursday, July 9, 2009

Prepping for baby's first trip

Last night, following a bath, Sydney was wrapped in his Polartec snuggle wrap in an attempt to get him warm. Turns out, when he was warm, he went right to sleep. (I had propped him up slightly on our bed so that I could pack.) At first, he fussed, but then he leaned towards his daddy's pillow and went to sleep. (Must have been comforting that it smelled like daddy. Sydney likes to nap on top of his daddy's chest so, he is familiar with his smell.)

I managed to get most of my stuff packed last night. Then, I moved onto packing for BABY. Going through his drawers, I made note that he's starting to outgrow a bunch of his clothes already. Even though it is getting a little small on him, his I LOVE MOMMY onesie is coming out of the drawer for a final ensemble.

Daddy is fearful to have mommy and baby driving alone so, Grandma Olson is coming over today and will leave her car here . Then, Grandma, Mommy and Baby will venture over the river to baby's first car trip (other than his many trips locally within our zip code) and his first sleep-over at Grandma & Grandpa's house. 

I'm sure that Daddy will miss us, but will appreciate a few nights of un-interrupted sleep (even though he normally doesn't hear Sydney cry and has been able to sleep through the night most nights since we brought him home from the hospital).

Sydney will attend his first FAMILY REUNION PICNIC on Saturday. That is where he will meet his Great Grandpa Sydney's siblings and their families. Sydney will also be the only BOY in attendance at a BRIDAL SHOWER; however, I plan to keep that visit brief, as not to steal the thunder from the bride by distracting with a baby.

Since I woke early, I think I will ATTEMPT to sneak down the creaky stairs and get myself something to eat for breakfast before Baby Sydney wakes to eat again. (He woke more frequently during the night to eat so, I'm thinking he's going through a growth spurt again.... he's our BIG little boy and we love him!)

NOTE: If time permits, I may add a video clip of his recent TUMMY TIME where he kept lifting his head and looking around. Otherwise, watch for that another time... either way, I will send an email to my regular family/friend blog followers to let you know that there is an update posted with that video clip.

No comments: