
This afternoon, Daddy worked until 2pm. When he came home, we enjoyed a quick lunch and then scurried off for our first "DATE" since having a baby. Mom had her cell phone tucked into her bra - on vibrate mode - just in case we were needed while on our outing. We went to see the new movie "The Ugly Truth" and we both enjoyed it.
I had been a little apprehensive about leaving him, but think I handled the separation anxiety rather well. Sounds like Sydney did just fine, too!
When we got home, Sydney was sleeping and mom spotted a pacifier on the table. (OOPS, TOTALLY slipped my mind to find one before we left... thankfully, there was a dirty one on the counter, but I'm told Sydney didn't want it anyways.) We're told how puzzling it is that Sydney can go from fussy to sound asleep without a moment's notice. The walk in the stroller was reportedly a very short distance because Sydney fell asleep so quickly. (We're often amazed by this phenomenon as well.)
A few days ago, Daddy manually ran the piston off of the breast pump supplies so that we could extract some milk for baby while Mommy held the rest of the apparatus. (Daddy has been wanting a chance to feed Sydney since it has been the better part of 6 weeks since he has eaten from a bottle now.) Unfortunately, Sydney appears to have forgotten how to drink from a bottle and was getting fussy with that option while we were trying to prepare dinner. Eventually, we gave up on the bottle and Sydney got to go to Mommy for his meal. (Which was probably a RELIEF for both of us!)
Daddy cooked our Cabbage Bake for dinner; although, with the house being 80°F, it wasn't the best time to run the oven. Then, we all enjoyed dinner and some more smiles & talking from Sydney.
Sydney has been a busy little boy... smiling more and more each day. He's also starting to "TALK" a little more each day. His periods of WAKE are mostly happy and alert. He LOVES to look around. He, and daddy, are currently sleeping. So, I'm thinking that I may forego the dinner dishes, grab a quick shower and get a little sleep myself.
Yesterday, Sydney ate QUITE frequently. (Earlier morning feedings; then, 11:30am, 1pm, 2:30pm, 5:15pm, 9pm) I had to wake him for a 9pm feeding before I went to bed last night. Then, he slept until we woke him around 4am. He sure was a sleepy little guy!!! So, we'll see if I wake him for a feeding before I go to bed... that buys me more time during the night. It sure is nice when he sleeps through the night!
Off to grab that shower...
No comments:
Post a Comment