Thursday, December 4, 2008

OUCH!

Last night, Mike started up playing broomball again. He had been on a 3-year hiatus and was happy when we moved here because he was close enough to play again.

Turns out, he's not as young as he used to be!

Ordinarily, he reports, he throws up once at the beginning of his first game because he is out of shape. Last night, however, he threw up twice while we were there and reported being short of breath, having a racing heart and being just plain-old out of shape.

I gave him a shot of my albuterol inhaler, which seemed to have helped the shortness of breath.

While we were there, he has suggested that I dress warm so, I broke out my first pair of maternity pants - layering them with leggings underneath for warmth. I figured that they would be warmer than low-rise non-maternity blue jeans because they cover more. They were pretty comfortable actually so, I decided to wear them to school today.

OUCH!

Turns out, my belly is NO WHERE near big enough to hold the maternity pants into position so, I suffered from incredible chafing on my inner thighs when they kept creeping lower and lower.

Guess I need a bigger belly.... but all in due time!

Glad to hear that our doctor's appointment (one week from today) will almost definitely entail an ultrasound and fetal heartbeat, along with some lab tests. Getting pretty exciting....

No comments: