Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Uh, Oh... 8 pounds in 4 weeks! YIKES!

Had a physical at our home yesterday in order to qualify for life insurance.... was a little disappointed to discover that since my doctor's appointment 4 weeks ago, I have gained 8 pounds! Granted, it was not the same scale used, but still.....

What's a pregnant girl to do?

It seems like I am snacking all the time in an attempt to fend off morning sickness, which let me tell you - does NOT stick to just mornings! Speaking of which, yesterday was the first day that I actually threw up -- as in the past, I've just heaved and managed to talk myself out of hurling. My snacks usually consist of a few pieces of cereal (Quaker Oat Squares have become a new favorite of mine) and some water. Really, I have been eating healthy. Granted, there is ALWAYS room for improvement - a chance to add more fruits and vegetables, but for the most part has been healthy.

I'm starting to feel like those 8 extra pounds have found a home in my bra.... or should I say starting to hang out of my bra. It really is amazing how "the girls" grow so much bigger, so fast - when realistically, they wont be needed for MONTHS!

We remain excited for our first real appointment next week. We are hoping for a strong heartbeat and a healthy baby.

I am currently out of work due to a parvovirus that is circulating at the school where I work. I had labwork done on Monday morning to see if I am immune to it, but the results will not be back for a week they said. So, we are playing it safe (or should I say SAFER) at home; although, I had been exposed to Fifths Disease prior to when I had been notified since by the time the child presented with a rash, they were no longer contagious and I had been exposed for an incubation period of 4-21 days. Needless to say, we are hoping that everything is OK with the baby. With the threat of cold weather coming, I wouldn't be completely heartbroken if I don't return.... 2.5 hours of playground supervision in these cold Minnesota winters doesn't sound all that fun. Although, it sounds like I will soon be warmed from the inside.

With my 8 pounds of weight gain and my recent freedom from work, I think I will go for a walk before it rains. It has been a dark and overcast day all day so far so, I should stay close since the forecast sounds cold and rainy for the next few days.

SO, BABY.... let's go for a walk!

No comments: