Friday, October 17, 2008

8 weeks today!

Hard to believe that I am now 8 weeks pregnant! Even harder to believe that I have neglected posting on my blog(s) for this long now.

Truth be told, I have visited my Journey of Life blog almost daily... especially since placing the pregnancy tracker widgets on the blog. I like to watch the baby float around and see how much cuter it gets each week.

A friend of mine, who is due around Christmas, told me about some free pregnancy magazines, as well as some great websites for watching the progression of a pregnancy. Let me tell you that the widget makes it look MUCH CUTER than the real life photograph at this point! In real life, the baby had more seahorse qualities and was not smoothed out like the widget graphic. (Guess that is only fitting since it will be swimming around for quite a while....)

When it was the size of a sweat-pea, we liked to call it that. Now, "sweat-pea" just kind of stuck because it sounds cute.... I'm sure it WILL be quite cute!

Mr. Right and I look at the widget trackers often. It is a great reference to know exactly how far along we are. (I also find it SO DARNED CUTE how he's looking online to see what is going on with my body, as well as the baby...)

We are just SO DARNED EXCITED! Looking forward to our first major appointment with the OB/GYN near the end of this month. We're hoping to hear heartbeat, as well as a sneak peak of what is making my breasts grow and stomach under the weather.

Mr. Right started telling people that I am far enough along to be sick to my stomach and emotional. (Personally, I think the EMOTIONAL-part is an over-reaction.... that may get sympathy on his end.) Will be glad to get out of the food adversion-phase of pregnancy! Afterall, I am SO used to eating anything and everything, but now... just not in the mood for much of anything.... just eating for survival these past two weeks, I suppose.

It will be SO COOL to see what is brewing inside, as well as start to feel "pregnant". Think I have 10 more weeks to go before I will "feel" movement, but HOW COOL WILL THAT BE?

My mom was telling me that she met with a bunch of ladies that she graduated from high school with this past week. She was talking about one woman who currently has a 2-year-old grandchild... with twins from one child and a single birth from the other child - all due before Christmas! (Mom also said that she was excited to be able to share the SHE, too, will be a grandmother!) I told mom that we were glad that we could "take one for the team" for her to participate in grandmotherhood. With a new computer and webcam on the way, mom is excited to be able to see 1) her own baby girl - ME, 2) her grand-kittens in my lap while I blog and 3) my ever-changing shape through pregnancy. She's also pretty excited to someday be able to see her grandchildren via webcam (in case we live too far away).



Thinking about doing a 365 project (photos, journaling or blogging), as inspired from graphic design great Ali Edwards website. Just wondering what is a good day to start it.... or if I am trying to tackle too much.

No comments: