Without ANY prompting ask your kids these questions. It's a great way to see what they think. Copy and repost with their name, age:
1. What is something I always say to you?
Silas: I love you
Sydney: I love you
ACTUAL: I love you. Go back to bed; good night!
2. What makes me happy?
Silas: Having help with the dishes*
Sydney: hugs and kisses
ACTUAL: having a clean house so that I can enjoy time with my family
*I have a sign in the kitchen that says "I like hugs... I like kisses... but what I love is help with the dishes"
3. What makes me sad?
Silas: when we don't listen
Sydney: a messy house
ACTUAL: yelling at my children
4. How do I make you laugh?
Silas: by tickling us
Sydney: you tickle my feet
ACTUAL: by calling ANY construction equipment a digger and getting it right 2% of the time OR with silly rhymes
5. What was I like as a child?
Silas: ticklish?
Sydney: I don't know. You never told me.
ACTUAL: pens, paper, art supplies = content and happy
6. How old am I?
Silas: 5? Wait, no, Sydney is 6. You are 16.
Sydney: 22!
ACTUAL: SIRI says I don't look a day over 29, but I am really 38.
7. How tall am I?
Silas: 6 feet
Sydney: Taller than me! (Thank you, Captain Obvious!) I don't know... 3 feet?
ACTUAL: shy of 5'10"
8. What is my favorite thing to do?
Silas: play games
Sydney: play games
ACTUAL: project life scrapbooking and reading with my kids
9. What do I do when you're not around?
Silas: listen to a audiobook
Sydney: read a book
ACTUAL: clean the house. (What do I want to do? Take a bath, lounge in my pajamas and read a book or watch a movie in my clean house. NOTE: I think it would be easier to keep the house clean while the wrecking crew is away.)
10. What am I really good at?
Silas: reading
Sydney: reading
ACTUAL: spelling, rhyming, writing
11. What am I not very good at?
Silas: making toys
Sydney: cleaning the house
ACTUAL: math and keeping up with paper clutter
12. What do I do for a job?
Silas: work at school
Sydney: go to school
ACTUAL: aide at school
13.What is my favorite food?
Silas: Cowboy Pie! I mean, Cowboy Quiche.
Sydney: CoCoWheats
ACTUAL: chai tea, a good burger or juicy steak
14. What do you enjoy doing with me?
Silas: playing games
Sydney: hugging and kissing you
ACTUAL: reading books together, playing games as a family, going for walks
No comments:
Post a Comment