Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Toddler Logic THROW UP BUCKET

Another case of Toddler Logic:

This morning, Silas, Mommy and Sydney snuggled together in mommy's bed for a few minutes. We could hear Eddy bellowing from the hallway.

Sydney announced "I think maybe it sounds like Eddy is going to throw up."

"You think so?" I asked. "Maybe..." I confirmed.

We decided that it was time to get up so, we ventured down the hallway to see Eddy on the stairs. As he saw us coming, he ran down into the dining room and hid under the table.

A moment later, we heard his retching sound as he puked on the area rug under the table.

"Oh, No.... EDDY!" Silas shouted. "You're supposed to throw up IN the bucket; that's what I do! In the bucket; NOT on the carpet! Silly cat..."

The puke bucket that we used most recently (that has since become "a hat") was under one of the dining chairs, just inches from Eddy, actually.

"Maybe he didn't see the bucket." I announced with a smile.

"Maybe." the boys agreed in unison.

I went on to explain that cats don't have brains that think like us - people - do so, they wouldn't KNOW to throw up into the bucket. BUT it would be REALLY COOL if they did!

No comments: