Thursday, September 12, 2013

SO SIMPLE. (Bookmark)

Grandpa Lowell and I started reading "Beautiful Ruins" together (until Grandpa discovered a LOVE of audio books instead and has switched over for the balance of this book). In my copy of the book, I had been using a Post-It Note as a bookmark. However, earlier today, I noticed that my bookmark was MISSING.

"Silas?" Mommy questioned. "Did YOU take Mommy's bookmark?"

"Oh. Yep!" he stated, so matter-of-factly and went to retrieve it from the side of one of his makeshift traincars.

At lunchtime, I announced to Sydney how Silas lost my page in my book because he took my bookmark.

"How many pages IS it?" Sydney pondered.

Grabbing the book, I flipped to the back to look for an answer. "337 pages!"

So simply, Sydney proclaimed "Well, I guess you'll just have to start over again."

(Upon further review, I was 193 pages into the book and had NOT planned on starting over.)

No comments: