Sunday, May 12, 2013

Mother's Day reflections 2013

I I have a tough act to follow in the Motherhood department. My mom made it look SO EASY raising twins and then, babysitting for a handful of kids all those years while Mike and I were growing up.

I could only HOPE to be as great of a mother as she was.

She means the world to me. 
She's pretty much my best friend. We talk nearly every day.

Happy Mother's Day, Mom!
I LOVE YOU!!!


I saw online how someone had a framed picture that included multiple generations of mother with child. For example, my grandmother with my mother... my mother with me... myself with my children. (Pretty awesome.)

Although, I'm convinced that there are ALMOST NO PHOTOS of mom with us kids. You see, MOM is the one holding the camera most of the time and is NOT in many of the pictures.

I was able to find ONE picture, circa 1979 where mom is photographed WITH both of us kids. I suppose that with a little creative cropping, this COULD be a photo of mom and I together... just like it could be a picture of Mikey with Dad.

I love the blue eyeshadow, by the way.
I am thankful that times have changed. I am thankful that more emphasis is NOW put on mothers using self-portraits, timers and passing off the camera so that they, too, will be photographed.



I feel SO FORTUNATE for meeting Mr. Right, marrying and starting a family. I have TWO of THE BEST GIFTS IN THE WORLD... two incredible little boys! (Thank you, hubby! I am SO LUCKY to be their mom and even luckier to stay home with them - even though sometimes I feel as if I am a little crazy for doing so.)

Recently, I took it as a HUGE COMPLIMENT when my mom informed me that she thought I was the BEST MOM she's ever known. Truth is, I had a great role model and teacher!



Sydney and Silas, you mean the world to me! I'll love you forever.




No comments: