Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Scooters, slipping and such

Today, Sydney needed his helmet at school for SCOOTER WEEK! He reports that he rode frontwards and backwards AND on his belly! (On his belly was his favorite.)

Silas and Mommy did a little shopping while Sydney was at school - hitting Hobby Lobby, Target and a quick stop home again.

The boys enjoyed quality time with Daddy this afternoon while Mommy went to make cards. (Daddy learned why Mommy ALWAYS lets Silas nap in the playpen in our bedroom. Sydney eventually turned on the lights and climbed into Silas' crib. Silas nap ended early.)

Tonight, after dinner, Sydney wanted a drink of fresh water. I encouraged him to get his cup from his bedroom so that we could fill it up for bedtime. On his way back downstairs, he fell and tumbled down 3/4 of them in cartwheel-like fashion, landing face first. He was pretty scared, but calmed down reasonably quickly after snuggling. He reported that "it is NOT FUN to fall down the stairs". He still remembered his name AND home address so, we took that as a good sign.

He took pride in helping me with my shot tonight; he's getting very good about washing his hands and holding the cotton ball. He also counts for me; today, he decided he'd count to SIX and then, I would do my shot. He's a sweet little boy!

Eventually, once bedtime rolled around, he played his typical games of sneaking out of his room repeatedly. He even enjoyed a few minutes of the Dancing with the Stars finale, snuggled in the recliner with mom.

Silas started playing a game of grabbing our noses. Then, he proudly reports "Got it!" (It's pretty cute. Although, the cat - EDDY - does NOT like to play that game!) Silas is talking A LOT and repeating very well. Sydney is talking faster and faster all the time. I'm not sure WHERE they get it from?!?!

Tried to teach Sydney a valuable lesson tonight, but it was too close to bedtime for him to rationalize it. We heard the sunporch door open and discovered a package had been left. Sydney INSISTED that we open it right now. I tried to tell him "there might be surprise christmas presents in there" but he was convinced "No, there's not, but let's just check!" (I tucked the box on top of the dryer and after a minute, he forgot about it.) Inside the box, there was ONE MORE BOOK for my Christmas Season Advent Holiday Book collection; I needed just TWO MORE books to make it from December 1 though 24th. (There is another one coming in the mail yet.) Thankfully, I have ALL of my books and most of my holiday movies wrapped. I AM SO EXCITED TO START THIS NEW HOLIDAY TRADITION!

Have to get to bed... we have an early start to the day tomorrow, heading to UW-Madison for a neurology appointment. The boys are excited to watch "Winnie the Pooh" in the car!

No comments: