Wednesday, August 25, 2010

He IS his father's son

Tonight, our neighbors were burning in their backyard and Mike had shown Sydney the flames from the office window. After Mike headed to bed, I took Sydney outside to see the fire.

Sydney blew at the fire and smoke.... you know, because we blow at things when they are HOT. (What a smart kid!)

After playing with their dog briefly, we ventured into the front yard. 

A neighbor across the street had a dog visiting in their yard so, we went over to see LOLA - the dog. We attempted to play fetch, but Sydney isn't a good left-handed pitcher. (Honestly, he isn't a very good right-handed pitcher either.) Then, Sydney thought he would play keep-away from the dog. (The dog didn't find the humor in that game.)

I thought it was VERY FUNNY when Sydney started running down the short, steep hill in the neighbor's front yard. I envisioned him tumbling and falling onto his face. I scurried to catch him mid-way before he could meet the sidewalk at the bottom. (The neighbor was QUITE IMPRESSED with the quick reflexes of this mom.)

I thought Sydney would have been scared by almost falling face-first down the hill. Of course, he thought THE OPPOSITE! (He thought it was GREAT FUN!)

He IS his father's son... he is an adrenaline junkie, just like his dad!

While we were over there, at neighbor Jim's house, Sydney also admired OUR neighbors revving up their motorcycles, getting ready to go for a ride. He stood, in awe, watching them. Don't EVEN think about it, little man! (Mommy doesn't want to have a heart attack worrying about you riding on motorcycles; I think you'll give me plenty of gray hairs without the threat of that.)

No comments: