I am thankful for: a loving and supportive family; a second chance at finding the happiness that I deserved all along; a wonderful husband who sacrifices his time, spending many, many hours at work so that I can stay home with our baby; our beautiful baby boy (whom I absolutely adore); two feline companions; food on the table; a roof over my head; a reliable car to drive; remission of my multiple sclerosis; high-speed internet; my Macintosh computer AND my paper-crafting supplies.
I am rather annoyed at all of the retailers who decided to stay open on the actual holiday of Thanksgiving instead of letting their employees have the day off to enjoy it with family and friends. (Most likely, the employees are not given much of a choice and are simply thankful to have jobs in today's tough economy.) I hope that Mike's employer continues to remain closed for Thanksgiving in the years to come; however, these stores that remain open are setting a nasty precedent for others to likely follow suit. (Shame on them.)
No comments:
Post a Comment