We had a lot of help cleaning from Mike's dad, my mom and a family friend who I call CyberBob. We certainly couldn't have done it without them!
The previous home owners, who were self-proclaimed "clean freaks" left a lot of mess behind in our new home, including evidence of mice (especially in/around the stove). I have never had any run-ins with mice before so, I have been rather uneasy about the thought of them running freely in our house. Mike didn't seem overly alarmed because we have two cats who, despite being declawed, should be great mousers. Mike assures me that we will get the mouse problem under control.
Another problem we had was that our queen-sized boxspring would NOT fit up the beautiful wooden stairwell so, as of right now, we have our mattress on the floor. We'll have to come up with PLAN B on that one, since it will be harder and harder for me to get off the floor as my belly continues to grow.
Our telephone, cable TV and high-speed internet were hooked up yesterday. One of these days, I will have to post a bunch of belly pics, or at least a more current one.
Had better get going now though... have a bedroom to paint with zero VOC paint because we would like to get at least one room done and ready to live in, preferably by the end of this weekend!
No comments:
Post a Comment